Saturday 24 September 2016

Another rediscovery

When I first wrote about the album Chamber Works for Flute (Rondo Grammofon RCD 8362) in this entry, I reported that I could find no evidence of it in any form other than CD.



Well, as of May this year it was added to some streaming services and digital stores. It does not appear to be on iTunes, but so far I have found it on Amazon US and UK, Deezer, Napster and Klicktrack.


The CD is still available, but somewhat scarce, so this development increases the accessibility of the music on the album. In particular, it has the only recording of the Sonatina Capricciosa for flute and piano, op.27b. Which I've just listened to the first time!

It is great to see many of these older recordings being given new life. While personally I still prefer physical media, this kind of access is far better than having nothing available.

No comments: