The main collection that is available is the disc by Anker Blyme (Danacord DACOCD 502). This includes the following works:
- Suono da Bardo (The Sound of the Bard), op.49 (M.166), which is by far the largest work.
- Sonatina Briosa, op.27a (M.130)
- Romanian Suite, op.12a (M.99)
- a Suite labelled as "op.4" but in manuscript (based on the composition date probably M.47)
- Seven Small Piano Pieces (små klaverstykker), which is a collection that Holmboe chose and revised from M.23, 26, 51 and 114.
Anker Blyme recorded Suono da Bardo once before, and that recording was coupled with a performance of the Sonata for solo flute, op.71 (M.192) on LP (Fona TF 123).
The only other piano works to be recorded are a few fragments appearing on Erik Fessel's 2-disc set of Danish Piano Miniatures (Danacord DACOCD 434-35). The included pieces, each of which is only about a minute long, are the two pieces published in "Pro Piano" in 1958/9 (M.x2P) and the 'Rigoroso' which is the third out of three pieces published in "Via Nova" in 1952 (M.x3P).